Requisition Number: 421
Position: Construction Project Manager
Location: Multiple positions in Virgnia, North Carolina, and Southeast US
Enviva is a leading manufacturer of processed biomass fuel in the United States and Europe. Enviva’s mission is to be the world leader in the production of sustainable biomass and a preferred partner and supplier to utility, industrial and retail customers seeking to decrease their dependence on fossil fuels and reduce their carbon footprint. Enviva has been supplying wood chips and wood pellets to customers in the U.S. and Europe since 2007. Enviva has raised private equity capital to support its development efforts and project financing needs.
Enviva Project Managers (PM’s) have responsibility for overseeing the planning and execution of design and construction projects in a manner consistent with our guiding principles of safety and capital efficiency. PM’s at Enviva may be tasked with new construction, facility renovation or expansion, or advancement of development projects through the first stage gates and Board approval.
He or she will manage the construction of multimillion dollar industrial-scale construction projects from inception to completion as owners’ representative. As the designated point of responsibility for the Project, the PM will provide company direction and oversight of all contractors and coordination between corporate engineering functions and the local construction site.
The successful candidate must have experience with industrial-scale, complex projects (ranging from $10 million to $100 million), cost controls and management, scheduling, in-house design, etc. Civil or Mechanical Engineering background as well as PMP certification is strongly recommended, wood products background is a plus but is not a requirement.
The PM will report directly to the Executive Director of Capital Projects and will work closely with the Project Sponsor and stakeholders within Enviva Operations to create a synergistic and cost-effective solution for the stated Project.
- Maintain and communicate budget, cost estimate and cost-to-complete information in a complete and timely fashion to all project team members and other constituencies throughout the duration of projects.
- Responsible for all budget and schedule variances to management.
- Assemble, organize and oversee a team of internal design & construction experts and external resources to provide excellent design & construction services in support of the business
- Identify innovative opportunities that enhance the quality of, decrease the cost of, and reduce time to complete construction projects.
- Ensure uniform quality, schedule and budget for all design and construction projects for the corporation.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulatory agency-required guidelines.
- Demonstrate value to all functional and operational leaders of the business
- BS or MS in Construction Management, Civil or Mechanical Engineering (minimum 15 years experience).
- 10 years experience in managing industrial-scale projects
- Project management experience, with an emphasis on leadership roles.
- Excellent cost control and scheduling skills are essential
- Working knowledge of codes, regulations, and industry standards & practices including OSHA-required health and safety guidelines for construction.
- Ensure that project documentation is completed in a timely manner and distributed as required.
- Ability to direct multi-disciplined teams to accomplish project objectives
- Ability to evaluate and resolve project economic and scope issues.
- PMP Certification desirable
Compensation will consist of a competitive base salary and benefits.
Enviva is an equal opportunity employer.