If you are an individual located in the United Kingdom or the EEA, we are a controller of your personal information for the purposes of the applicable legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679), the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Act 2018, as amended from time to time (the “Data Protection Laws”).
How we collect your information
The amount and type of information received depends on how you use the Site and its various features. We will collect personal information about you if you:
- visit the Site;
- contact us through the Site to request information;
- submit a job application via the “Careers” section of our Site; or
- file (or are the subject of) a report to our Ethics & Compliance Helpline on a non-anonymous basis.
In these situations, the personal information we collect may include:
- your name and contact details (which may include your phone number, e-mail address or postal address);
- certain types of browsing information such as the name of your internet service provider, the browser you are using (including available plug-ins and browser functionality), the type of device you are using, your IP address, the pages you request and the date and time of those requests; and
- any additional information that you choose to provide to us or to our service providers, such as your CV, if you apply for an open position.
If you contact us using the email addresses provided on our Site, please only provide us with the information which you would like us to have. Please do not provide any sensitive financial details, as email cannot be guaranteed as secure.
How we may use your information
We will use this personal information in order to:
- send to you the information that you request in the form that you require;
- manage and administer your profile and process any job application submitted via our Site;
- carry out our obligations arising from any future contract entered into between you and us;
- provide you with information about our products and activities;
- improve our level of service;
- administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- investigate and action as appropriate any ethics and compliance reports received; and/or
- provide and improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
The personal information that we hold about you may also be shared with:
- companies who process personal information on our behalf, including in connection with job applications, Ultipro, Inc. and other service providers, including those providing our Ethics & Compliance Helpline services, NAVEX Global, Inc.);
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
- our professional advisors such as accountants, lawyers and investment advisors;
- regulators, government agencies and law enforcement authorities if we are required to do so by law or if we reasonably believe that the disclosure is necessary in order to: (a) fulfil a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of law or to comply with legal process served on us; or (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property or third party licensors of any material on the Site; and
- third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them.
What is our legal basis for using your information?
If you are located in the United Kingdom or EEA, our legal basis for collecting, using and storing your personal data is either that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests in running and promoting our business through operating the Site or that you have provided us with your consent.
If you have signed up via the Site to receive email alerts, you agree that we may email you to provide you with information about our products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any such email you receive.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by most websites and can do a range of things, e.g. remembering your preferences, allowing you to log in to an account you have registered and counting the number of people looking at a website
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use the Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. These cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. We ask for your consent before these cookies are stored on your device.
Opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across this Site.
International transfers of personal information
How long will we process your personal information?
The period for which we will retain your personal information will vary depending on the purposes that it was collected for, as well as the requirements of any applicable law or regulation. We take reasonable steps to retain personal information only for the period of time necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained. We may need to continue to hold some details about you after your relationship with us has ended, for example, for legal and regulatory purposes.
Your rights – UK and EU visitors
If you are located in the United Kingdom or the EEA, you may be entitled to access your personal information, or to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in machine-readable format. Any such request should be submitted in writing to email@example.com. Individuals may also have the right to complain about the use of their personal information to the relevant supervisory authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk). We may first be required to verify your identity for security purposes before we can process such requests.
Any promotional correspondence to you will provide you with the ability to opt out from receiving future Enviva notifications, or third party messages. This right applies to all Site visitors, wherever you are located.
We have strict security and confidentiality procedures pertaining to the storage and disclosure of your personal information. Appropriate measures will be taken to safeguard it, to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with applicable laws regarding the protection of such information.
We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us over the internet. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords you create. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Children under 13
We do not collect information from children. Children under 13 years old are not the target audience for the Site. To protect their privacy, we prohibit the solicitation of personal information from these children. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit your email address or any other personal information to us through the Site.